It is always nice to have a really healthy meal that tastes interesting too. Salmon is one of my favourite meals and if I could eat it every day I would. Although, its nice to have it as a treat, as it tastes even better then. I love mixing soy sauce with honey and often just steam salmon with vegetables in foil with this marinade for the perfect go to meal. I wanted to do something a bit different and am really into fresh chilli at the moment so there is a recipe I tried. I used a recipe from taste.com for inspiration and then changed it a little to my tastes.
Recipe (serves 1)
25ml light soy sauce
¼ – 1/3 of a fresh chilli chopped into fine pieces
Other delightful ingredients:
1 salmon fillet
2-3 dessert spoons of olive oil for frying
2 dessert spoons of sesame oil
1tsp grated ginger
75g dried egg noodles
½ lime for serving
50g fresh washed spinach
50g cooked peas
Sea salt for seasoning
- First mix the chopped chilli, soy sauce and honey in a small glass and leave to marinade.
- Cook the noodles per the packet instructions and leave in a bowl ready to use later. Sprinkle a little oil on them to prevent them from sticking to each other.
- Sprinkle sea salt onto both sides of the salmon.
- Heat half the olive oil and sesame oil in a frying pan and fry the salmon for about 5 minutes on the skin side.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes on the other side.
- Meanwhile, stir fry the spinach and peas with the other half of the sesame oil and olive oil. Add the grated ginger. Toss in the noodles to heat them through.
- Arrange the noodle mix in a bowl elegantly.
- Place the salmon on top.
- Drizzle the marinade all over the fish.
- Decorate the dish with lime wedges for an extra zing.
Simple, quick, delicious. This recipe can be made for just one, or even more people! It is very adaptable and so doesn’t matter if you need to change your dinner arrangements at short notice. I love the flavours and it is all so fresh too.